Zurich is the symbol of Switzerland with its banks, sights and quality of life. However, there is much more behind that. In this article we are going to reveal some very interesting facts about the city that you probably do not know. So, let‘s start:
- It is Switzerland‘s largest city – although Zurich is not the capital of Switzerland, it is the largest city in the country. The municipality has approximately 400,000 inhabitants while the urban agglomeration – over 1.3 million people. Anyway, compared to other international cities, Zurich is relatively small which makes it even more charming for visitors.
- Largest church clock tower in Europe – we are talking about the St. Peter‘s Church. It is located in the heart of the Old Town. For many centuries it has been Zurich‘s official local time and all public city clocks had to conform to it. With a diameter of 8.64m, the dials of this symbol hold the record for Europe‘s largest church timepiece.
- Over 1,200 drinking fountains – if you get thirsty while having a walk around the city, there is no problem at all. You can just go to the nearest water fountain and drink all you want.
- Amazing view of Lake Zurich – Lake Zurich is one of the largest lakes in Switzerland. It covers the area of 88.66 square kilometres. But what makes it really wonderful, is its night view. Tourists from all over the world come to the city just to see this beautiful sight.
- Happy city – Zurich is among the happiest cities in the world. It is great for people who want to find a job and develop their careers. On the other hand, it offers many attractions and landmarks and it is the best place for one memorable vacation. What else could you possibly wish for?
Do you want to visit Zurich and find out more about its secrets? Our escort Zurich service guarantees that you will really enjoy this incredible city.